The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for developing the athlete and ambassador strategies and managing the execution and activation of our developed programs. The position is responsible for athlete and ambassador programs, events, and experiential marketing including all aspects of management, relationship management, activation planning, and execution. Candidates should also have strong knowledge and experience in leading and activating sports and entertainment-based sponsorships. The Manager will assist in leading social and digital marketing campaigns in support of program activations. The Marketing Coordinator will need to balance the fast-paced day-to-day management of the function, while developing new and innovative sponsorship activations that meet Rigid’s sales needs.
Additionally, the Manager will be responsible for measurement, tracking, and reporting of program activities and partnerships.
The Marketing Coordinator also leads, coaches, and directs the Athlete & Ambassador Coordinator’s day-to-day activities ensuring the company’s goals and expectations are met in regards to program development, product order processing, budget tracking, request follow up, and overall organization.
- Lead the execution of all Athlete & Ambassador programs and sponsorships.
- Lead the development and valuation of new sponsorships or programs and the renewal of existing sponsorships or programs
- Work with marketing managers to promote athlete & ambassador via direct mail, e-mail, social media, and other marketing channels
- Supervise athlete & ambassador operations (including Athlete & Ambassador Coordinator) to meet company’s needs while delivering a strong brand message and experience
- Work with all company departments involved in planning programs for their input, needs, and overall feedback for successful sponsorship
- Come up with creative ways to get athlete & ambassador involved in Rigid sales and marketing programs to increase ROI
- Work with accounting and legal on all contracts and negotiations
- Document and adhere to all company processes and policies
- Work collaboratively within the marketing team to create sharable and engaging content to be used throughout the marketing and sales departments
- Strong operations, project management and organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle complex negotiations maximizing ROI
- Passion for sports/entertainment experiential marketing
- Record of sound decision making under pressure/compressed timelines
- Proficiency with PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Expert negotiation skills
- Strategic thinker and skilled problem solver
- Must be able to work irregular hours, including early mornings, evenings and week-ends
- Ability to manage the high paced event industry and tolerate last minute change
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as part of a team.
- Customer service orientation and sense of urgency required.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Must have good English written and verbal communication skills
- College Degree required and 4+ years’ experience in sports/entertainment experiential marketing planning
- Prior event planning or sponsorship experience required.
- Strong knowledge of the automotive aftermarket industry.
- Knowledge of branding and branding principles
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills